Introduction1) MT Globex Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
2) This policy, together with the terms and conditions of use of our website under the domain names www.mt-globex.com (referred to as the â€œWebsiteâ€), sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
4) For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the â€œActâ€), the data controller is MT Globex Ltd, whose registered office is at Unit 15 Walsall Enterprise Park, Regal Drive, Walsall, West Midlands, WS2 9HQ, England.
Information that we collect from you1) When you visit and/or register on certain areas of the Website (for example the employment section) you may be asked to provide relevant personal information, and occasionally sensitive personal information, about yourself including your name, contact details, availability for work, salary details, previous employment and experience, education, ethnic origin, disabilities, criminal record and other relevant information.
2) We may also collect personal information (but not sensitive personal information) about your usage of the Website as well as information about you from messages you post to the Website and emails or letters you send to us.
3) We also monitor customer traffic patterns and website use, which enables us to further develop the Website to be useful to you.
4) We will not collect any personal information about you unless such personal information is relevant and where it is specifically and knowingly provided by you.
5) We will not collect any sensitive personal information about you unless such sensitive personal information is relevant and you have given explicit consent to the processing of such information.
Use of information1) We will use and analyse the personal information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop the Website and our business.
2) We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. You may opt out of receiving this information at any time.
3) We may use and analyse the sensitive personal information we collect for the purposes of considering your suitability for future employment with MT Globex (Distribution & Wholesale) and for related recruitment and human resources purposes relevant to the recruitment process or for future employment purposes.
Disclosure of your information1) The information you provide to us will be held on our computers in the United Kingdom and accessed by or given to our staff working within the United Kingdom.
2) We may share aggregate information with our group companies and other parties within the United Kingdom. This is statistical data about our usersâ€™ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individuals. We will not (save as set out in this policy) sell, transfer or share any personal information about you as an individual user of the Website outside our group of companies.
3) Where you have explicitly consented by way of â€œopt-inâ€ when providing us with your personal details, we may also allow carefully selected third parties (for example job centres), including other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about other vacancies, goods and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by post, telephone or fax. You may opt out of receiving this information at any time.
4) If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
5) We will co-operate with law enforcement agencies as well as related third parties to enforce laws such as fraud and other rights. You authorise us to disclose any information about you to such law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary in connection with the investigation of fraud or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability. You further authorise us to process your information, including sensitive personal information, where the processing is necessary for the purpose of legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice, establishing or defending legal rights or for the administration of justice or the exercise of functions of a public nature.
7)You further authorise us to process your sensitive personal information where such processing is necessary for performance of our obligations under employment law.
8) Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies1) We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our usersâ€™ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Security and data retention1) In addition to these policies your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. Under this Act we will only process any personal data we hold about you in a lawful and fair manner. We will keep your personal data secure to prevent access by unauthorised third parties and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Information provided will be stored on computer for a reasonable period, or for as long as the law requires, and may be used for analysis purposes as provided in this policy. Any sensitive personal data provided as part of an application for employment will be stored no longer than 6 months or, if your application is successful, it will be retained during your employment and for 3 years after you leave.
2) All information once processed and no longer required will be destroyed in a confidential manner.
Accessing and updating1) You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of Â£10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Emails1) If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. You may opt out of receiving this information at any time by following the instructions on the email.
2) We will not otherwise email you unless (a) you have specifically given your consent in response to â€œopt-inâ€ boxes etc or (b) in response to your emails to us. We will not pass on your email address to any third parties unless you have specifically consented to this.